Solid Edge software is a powerful hybrid 2D/3D design system from Siemens PLM Software that provides superior part and assembly modeling along with drafting, transparent data management, and built-in finite element analysis. With superior core modeling and process workflows, a unique focus on the needs of specific industries, and fully integrated design management, Solid Edge® guides projects toward an error-free, accurate design solution.
Solid Edge modeling and assembly tools enable your engineering team to easily develop a full range of products, from single parts to assemblies containing thousands of components. Tailored commands and structured workflows accelerate the design of features common in specific industries and you ensure accurate fit and function of parts by designing, analyzing and modifying them within the assembly model. With Solid Edge, your products come together right first time, every time.
- Superior modeling: Solid Edge is built on a foundation of superior modeling workflows that help engineers design more rapidly than other CAD systems.
- Rapid Blue: a new paradigm for shape design: Solid Edge boosts design productivity for complex geometry with exclusive Rapid Blue technology. With Rapid Blue, “you get the shape you want”, not the one the CAD system wants to give you.
- Process-specific features: Solid Edge boosts design productivity of complex geometry with tailored commands and structured workflows that are faster and more efficient than general purpose modeling tools.
- Industry-leading sheet metal: Sheet metal is a core design capability of Solid Edge, with support for the entire design-through-fabrication process.
- Digital prototypes: Solid Edge helps battle design complexity by creating functional 3D virtual prototypes that helps optimize designs before production. Unsurpassed productivity for massive assemblies: Solid Edge easily tackles massive assembly design with powerful tools helping customers create assemblies topping 100,000 parts. Lightweight, simplification, zones and component grouping make working with massive assemblies easy and efficient.
- Systems design: capturing and maintaining design intent: With Solid Edge’s unique systems design capabilities, users can define and store sets of parts, features and constraints for re-use as a fully functional system.
- Practical design analysis: Digital simulation realizes reduced product development costs while improving quality. Created specifically for design engineers, UGS Femap Express™ finite element analysis (FEA) software provides an easy-to-use process for performing a fast, accurate, or modal analysis on a part or sheet metal model.
- Machine and factory design and layout: Massive assembly design features in Solid Edge extend beyond single machines and into factory floor layouts. Solid Edge can handle complete production lines and the interconnectivity such as piping, wiring and tubing
- Frame design: Solid Edge speeds design of rigid frame structures beginning with a 3D sketch defining the frame skeleton. Solid Edge automatically creates frame components using standard cross-sections and generates cut lists for manufacturing.
- Weldments: A dedicated environment assists the development of welded structures. All weld types are supported and tools are included for defining pre- and post-weld operations. Solid Edge captures the entire process, and provides bills of materials and component drawings.
- Piping and tubing: Piping and tubing assemblies are created in the XpresRoute environment. Using a 3D path, pipes with correct fittings, or tubes, are automatically created. Pipes and tubes adapt to design changes and cut lists, bills of materials and manufacturing information are automatically produced.
- Wire harness design: Wire harnesses in Solid Edge can be created manually or automatically from electrical CAD systems. Solid Edge includes a complete suite of tools for wire creation, routing, bundling and constantly monitors the design for manufacturability. Cut length and reports are also provided.
- Standard parts: Solid Edge Standard Parts allows designers to add, select and place fasteners, bearings, pipe fittings and structural steel members. Users can place standard parts from optional libraries or use their own custom components.
- Animated and dynamic documentation: Explode and motion simulations help communicate design ideas, show operations and improve documentation. A timeline-based approach lets users document explode sequences, create realistic motions and animate fly-throughs. When combined with Virtual Studio+, photorealistic movies can showcase products in action.
- Mold design: Solid Edge Mold Tooling is a powerful automated system for plastic injection mold design. This complete system includes component libraries, support for multi-core/cavity and cooling lines. A complementary Electrode Design application guides mold manufacturers through a step-by-step workflow to develop single or compound electrodes.